Travel in a comfortable 4 x4 for a cultural tour across the plains of Assam and into the imposing Himalayan mountains of Arunachal Pradesh, explore its tribal villages, participate in the Apatani tribe Myoko Festival and finally relax in the luxurious surrounds of a British tea plantation bungalow.
Head from historic Guwahati to Kaziranga National Park and onwards over the plains of Assam. Sail across the mighty Brahmaputra River to magical Majuli Island, the largest river island in the world, before driving high into the imposing Himalayan mountains of Arunachal Pradesh.
Once we reach the Apatani tribe village of Ziro, we will enjoy either the traditional Myoko Festival (if visiting in March) or (if visiting in November) other Apatani cultural experiences .
We drive across tribal boundaries to visit the small tribal towns of Daporijo, Aalo and Pasighat, enjoying successive exhibitions of traditional dancing and cookery pertaining to the Nishi, Tagin, Gallo and Minyong tribes. We go one step further and undertake a series of day treks on foot into the surrounding mountains to reach these tribes’ traditional villages.
Finally, we follow the banks of the Brahmaputra River back down to Dibrugarh to relax in a British tea plantation bungalow.
- Ancient Hindu temples in Guwahati and Sibsagar
- Elephant and jeep safaris in search of the endangered white one-horned rhino in Kaziranga National Park
- Crossing the mighty Brahmaputra River by local ferry
- The unique historic satras of Majuli Island
- Apatani Myoko Festival (March only)
- Nishi, Tagin, Gallo and Minyong tribe towns and villages
- Day treks on foot into the Eastern Himalayas
- Tribal dances and cookery classes
- Ancient Hindu Malinithan Temple
- Accommodation in a former British colonial tea plantation bungalow (availability permitting).